Sin City Comics & Gaming are the only authorised CGC Dealer in Wales and the South West. This is a title we are proud of and as such we ensure the level of service you receive is exceptional. Our rates are competitive, and we have all the processes in place to ensure a smooth customer experience is had.
We are able to facilitate your grading needs for Comics, Magazines, Concert Posters, Trading Cards (Pokemon & Magic the Gathering only), Reholders and Lobby Cards. For anything other than Comics & Trading Cards please contact us on email@example.com to inquire.
CGC STANDARD GRADING / BLUE LABEL
Every comic book certified by CGC is graded by the most experienced and trusted team, according to well-established grading standards. Furthermore, every CGC-certified comic book undergoes a thorough restoration check by leading professionals during the certification process. When restoration is detected, it is fully noted on the certification label.
Once certified by CGC, a comic book is encapsulated in a state-of-the art, tamper-evident holder, providing superior protection and stability for long-term preservation.
Your books will be packaged then shipped fully insured on your behalf to CGC in Florida, USA. Once they reach destination, they will be officially graded, authenticated and encased. Once completed they are shipped back to us (still fully insured).
Once your books are back with us in the UK they will be posted back to you via a ‘signed for and tracked’ courier service or you can visit the store to collect.
The turnaround times mentioned may vary considerably based on CGC’c workload at the time of submission.
CGC STANDARD GRADING PRICES
|Service||Price||Age||Maximum Market Value||Turnaround Time|
|Modern||£28.00||1975 to Present||Up to £150||35 Business Days|
|Value||£32.00||Any Age||Up to £150||35 Business Days|
|Economy||£38.00||Any Age||Up to £300||35 Business Days|
|Standard||£60.00||Any Age||Up to £750||35 Business Days|
|Express||£85.00||Any Age||Up to £2,000||5 Business Days|
POSTAGE PRICES – for comic books – this cost is for the return of your items once graded and holdered to you via post. This is not for any shipping fees overseas.
|Location||First Book||Additional Books|
|United Kingdom (Mainland UK)||£15.00||£2.00|
|Rest of the World||£35.00||£3.50|
CGC offer a custom character label which can be used on the label at the top of the holder. See the labels available below and select the one you would like on your submission form.
If your current slab has a crack or scratch we can send it away to CGC and have it reholdered so it looks new once more.
CGC TRADING CARDS
The popularity of trading cards has grown significantly since the release of Magic: The Gathering in 1993 and Pokémon TCG in 1996. With prices for many early and rare cards increasing substantially in recent years, trading card collectors want to be completely confident that their cards are genuine, accurately graded and preserved. CGC Trading Cards provides this confidence through its expert and impartial authentication, grading and encapsulation services for virtually all Pokémon TCG and Magic: The Gathering cards.
After a trading card has been authenticated and graded by CGC Trading Cards, it is encapsulated in the CGC Trading Cards holder, which provides the best in protection and display while being portable and easy to store.
Trading Cards have the same grading scale as used in Comics but with different criteria of course, however in addition you can request a sub-grading which in addition to the cards overall grade CGC Trading Cards will assign sub-graders for Centering, Corners, Edges & Surface for an additional fee.
|Service||Price||Max Market Value (Per Item)||Turnaround Time **|
|Economy||£20.00||Up to £300||35 Business Days|
|Standard||£25.00||Up to £750||35 Business Days|
|Express||£35.00||Up to £7,500||19 Business Days|
|Sub Grading||Grading Fee + £5||As per grading tier||As per grading tier|
|Reholder*||£10.00||10 Business Days|
*grade will not change **Estimates
For Trading Cards – this cost is for the return of your items to you via post. This is not for any shipping fees overseas.
|Location||First Trading Card||Additional Cards|
|United Kingdom (Mainland UK)||£10.00||£2.00|
|Rest of the World||£30.00||£3.50|
Please note the following mandatory requirements. Failure to comply with these will result in your order being rejected:
FOR COMICS ALL ITEMS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING WRITTEN CLEARLY ON THE BACKING BOARD:
- YOUR NAME
- THE RELEASE DATE (MM/YY)
- ISSUE NUMBER
- THE TITLE
- NAME OF ARTIST FOR VIRGINS AND VARIANTS
THIS HELPS US REDUCE THE PHYSICAL HANDLING OF YOUR ITEMS.
EACH SUBMISSION TIER MUST BE ON SEPARATE FORM AND HAVE THEIR OWN RETURN POSTAGE CALCULATED DUE TO DIFFERING COMPLETION TIMES.
ALL SECTIONS OF THE SUBMISSION FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED, SUBMISSION FEE’S AND SHIPPING CHARGES.
PLEASE DO NOT MIX TIERS AND BOOKS THAT REQUIRE LABELS, EACH MUST BE ON SEPARATE FORMS. (COMICS ONLY)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A £2.00 CHARGE FOR GRADER NOTES.
NO P. O. BOXES ADDRESSES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Please note that Comic Book and Trading Card Grading is conducted solely by CGC. Sin City Comics & Gaming does not guarantee and is not responsible for any grading discrepancies. Should you be unhappy with the Grade of your book and/or card, please contact CGC directly. Contact details can be found on their website www.cgccomics.com.
- Sin City Comics & Gaming is an authorised dealer and facilitator for CGC. Liability commences with Sin City Comics & Gaming when your submission items are in our possession and until they are returned and ‘signed-for’ by you or others authorised by you at the address provided on the Submission Form. Sin City Comics & Gaming is not responsible for any damage, loss or negligence which occurs outside of this time period.
- Damage during transit must be reported to Sin City Comics & Gaming (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 5 working days of delivery to the address you provided.
- Customers who choose to ship items to Sin City Comics & Gaming will do so securely so that items do not incur damage through inadequate packing. We advise that you send these items ‘signed-for’ in order to track your items journey to us.
- CGC ‘Turn-around’ times are correct at time of going to press. CGC ‘turn-around’ times are subject to change and are dependent on CGC’s workload. Sin City Comics & Gaming does not have any influence on these ‘turn-around’ times and are therefore not responsible for any changes. We will endeavour to keep you up to date with any changes, but please see the CGC website for further information.
- Should you be dissatisfied with any aspect of the service provided by Sin City Comics & Gaming, please contact us via email@example.com within 5 working days of receipt of goods and we will endeavour to address the problem.
- Prices are correct at time of going to press but are subject to change.
- Customers agree that when payment is made for any Sin City Comics & Gaming service, they are agreeing to all terms and conditions laid out in this document.